About 100 Sunoco workers in Pa. get layoff notices
MARCUS HOOK, Pa. - February 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials at a Sunoco refinery near Philadelphia say about 100 employees are being laid off at the end of the week.
The Delaware County Daily Times says the workers at the company's Marcus Hook plant in Delaware County were given layoff notices saying Friday would be their last day.
Sunoco spokesman Thomas Golembeski said Tuesday that the hourly employees were told not to return because the first phase of the plant decommissioning process has been completed. But he says the workers will be paid their wages through the end of the month.
Sunoco said last year that it would idle the refinery and lay off about 490 employees because of deteriorating market conditions. Another Sunoco refinery in Philadelphia is expected to close by July if a buyer isn't found.
Information from: Delaware County Daily Times, http://www.delcotimes.com
sunoco, economy, pennsylvania, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 38 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford 22 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 42 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 42 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 42 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
38 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
42 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
42 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
28 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos