Boyfriend arrested for murder of pregnant S. Phila. woman
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - February 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have arrested the boyfriend of a pregnant South Philadelphia woman who was shot to death in the basement of her home.
Aaron Fitzpatrick, 19, of the 700 block of Tree Street in South Philadelphia, will be charged with murdering 24-year-old Tiffany Gillespie.
Police say Fitzpatrick was Gillespie's boyfriend. They say Gillespie was arguing with Fitzpatrick early Thursday morning in the basement of her home at 2327 Mildred Street while her mother and two young children were upstairs.
Police say Fitzpatrick was upset that Gillespie had become pregnant with his baby.
They say in the course of the argument, Fitzpatrick pulled out a gun and shot Gillespie once in the head, killing her.
Fitzpatrick fled the scene as Gillespie's mother called 911.
Police say Fitzpatrick was picked up for questioning several hours later, questioned and then arrested. He was in custody awaiting murder charges Thursday night.
homicide, south philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)