Boyfriend arrested for murder of pregnant S. Phila. woman
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - February 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have arrested the boyfriend of a pregnant South Philadelphia woman who was shot to death in the basement of her home.
Aaron Fitzpatrick, 19, of the 700 block of Tree Street in South Philadelphia, will be charged with murdering 24-year-old Tiffany Gillespie.
Police say Fitzpatrick was Gillespie's boyfriend. They say Gillespie was arguing with Fitzpatrick early Thursday morning in the basement of her home at 2327 Mildred Street while her mother and two young children were upstairs.
Police say Fitzpatrick was upset that Gillespie had become pregnant with his baby.
They say in the course of the argument, Fitzpatrick pulled out a gun and shot Gillespie once in the head, killing her.
Fitzpatrick fled the scene as Gillespie's mother called 911.
Police say Fitzpatrick was picked up for questioning several hours later, questioned and then arrested. He was in custody awaiting murder charges Thursday night.
homicide, south philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow 9 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia
- 2-alarm fire at Holmesburg condo complex 15 min ago
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire 54 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 33 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
10 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
33 min ago