Boyfriend arrested for murder of pregnant S. Phila. woman
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - February 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have arrested the boyfriend of a pregnant South Philadelphia woman who was shot to death in the basement of her home.
Aaron Fitzpatrick, 19, of the 700 block of Tree Street in South Philadelphia, will be charged with murdering 24-year-old Tiffany Gillespie.
Police say Fitzpatrick was Gillespie's boyfriend. They say Gillespie was arguing with Fitzpatrick early Thursday morning in the basement of her home at 2327 Mildred Street while her mother and two young children were upstairs.
Police say Fitzpatrick was upset that Gillespie had become pregnant with his baby.
They say in the course of the argument, Fitzpatrick pulled out a gun and shot Gillespie once in the head, killing her.
Fitzpatrick fled the scene as Gillespie's mother called 911.
Police say Fitzpatrick was picked up for questioning several hours later, questioned and then arrested. He was in custody awaiting murder charges Thursday night.
homicide, south philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem 52 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 1 min ago
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden 29 min ago
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 2 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School 53 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
56 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos