Pa. girl dies after choking in school cafeteria
PITTSBURGH - February 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A western Pennsylvania girl who choked on a hotdog during lunch at her elementary school has died at a Pittsburgh hospital.
Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh says 8-year-old Aizeya Mattocks died Wednesday, two days after she was hospitalized.
Family members say Mattocks choked during lunch at her school in Mercer County, about 60 miles north of Pittsburgh.
Mattocks' family says school personnel had attended to the girl immediately.
pennsylvania, children, pittsburgh, local/state
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- No Triple Crown: Oxbow upsets Orb at Preakness