Driver killed in fiery two-car crash
FAIRMOUNT PARK - February 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- One person was killed when a vehicle and an SUV collided, causing one car to catch fire along Lincoln Drive in Fairmount Park.
It happened around 11:00 Saturday night near Rittenhouse Street.
Police say the driver was travelling east before crossing the center line, striking an SUV head on.
The impact of the crash caused the striking vehicle to burst into flames. The driver was burned to death inside of the car.
The driver of the SUV was taken to Roxborough Hospital in stable condition.
No word on the identities of the victims.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, fairmount park, accident, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 38 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack 22 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete 42 min ago
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Michael Carter-Williams released from hospital
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
38 min ago