Driver killed in fiery two-car crash
FAIRMOUNT PARK - February 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- One person was killed when a vehicle and an SUV collided, causing one car to catch fire along Lincoln Drive in Fairmount Park.
It happened around 11:00 Saturday night near Rittenhouse Street.
Police say the driver was travelling east before crossing the center line, striking an SUV head on.
The impact of the crash caused the striking vehicle to burst into flames. The driver was burned to death inside of the car.
The driver of the SUV was taken to Roxborough Hospital in stable condition.
No word on the identities of the victims.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, fairmount park, accident, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 34 min ago
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos