Dismembered dogs found in Coatesville home
COATESVILLE, Pa. - February 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two people are in custody after police found more than a half dozen dismembered dogs inside a Chester County house Monday night.
SPCA officers carried out bags and boxes of evidence from a home in the 2400 block of Wayne Avenue in the city of Coatesville.
Officials say the scene inside was dark and disturbing with elements of witchcraft and the occult on vivid display.
In the living room, investigators say they found two dog skulls and a dog skeleton that had been gold-leafed.
They then walked into the kitchen and found two dog skeletons on the counter and a dog's head in the freezer.
Authorities say the scene was even more sickening when they walked into the home's backyard.
They found dog fragments charred in a fire pit and chicken parts hanging from a tree. Two live chickens and another dog head were also found in the back.
Officials say they found books on witchcraft and the occult, as well as marijuana, a gun, and various knives and machetes.
"We would describe this as just macabre. When you go into a living room and see gold-leafed skulls of dogs, a vertebrae of a dog, and go into the freezer and see the head of a dog, for starters, you know this isn't your ordinary scenario," Richard Britton of the Chester County SPCA said.
The two people taken into custody face numerous charges.
pennsylvania, chester county, coatesville, animals, spca, local/state, dann cuellar
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 56 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 53 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apts. 26 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping 4 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
53 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
26 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
56 min ago
- Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
4 min ago