Pa. lottery retiring "Gus" groundhog pitchman
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) - February 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Gus the groundhog, the furry fictional pitchman for the Pennsylvania lottery, is headed for the unemployment line.
Executive Director Todd Rucci said at a legislative hearing Tuesday that the television campaign featuring Gus ended this month, although he will still appear on the lottery website for the time being.
Rucci told The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News that officials hope to unveil next month a new marketing campaign aimed at making people more aware of everything the lottery does.
Gus was created in 2004 to help introduce new instant ticket games. But officials say they believe the campaign has now reached everyone it can, and they want to try to tap new market segments.
Information from: The Patriot-News, http://www.pennlive.com/patriotnews
pennsylvania, lottery, local/state
- Photos: 24 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 53 min ago
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 43 min ago
- Wildfire risk prompts Red Flag Warning for NJ 28 min ago
- Road reopens months after Frankford water main break 58 min ago
- Man shot multiple times in West Philadelphia 43 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
53 min ago