Pa. lottery retiring "Gus" groundhog pitchman
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) - February 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Gus the groundhog, the furry fictional pitchman for the Pennsylvania lottery, is headed for the unemployment line.
Executive Director Todd Rucci said at a legislative hearing Tuesday that the television campaign featuring Gus ended this month, although he will still appear on the lottery website for the time being.
Rucci told The (Harrisburg) Patriot-News that officials hope to unveil next month a new marketing campaign aimed at making people more aware of everything the lottery does.
Gus was created in 2004 to help introduce new instant ticket games. But officials say they believe the campaign has now reached everyone it can, and they want to try to tap new market segments.
Information from: The Patriot-News, http://www.pennlive.com/patriotnews
pennsylvania, lottery, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 11 min ago
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse 11 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 15 min ago
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies 40 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad