Man struck by train in Brooklawn, Camden Co.
BROOKLAWN, N.J. - February 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are trying to determine why a man was on a stretch of track when he was struck by an oncoming train Wednesday morning in Brooklawn, Camden County.
The incident happened around 11:00 a.m. near Route 130 on the Brooklawn, Camden County/Westville, Gloucester County border.
After being struck, the victim became trapped underneath the train. The man was eventually pulled from under the train and transported to the hospital. There is no word on his condition.
Initial reports indicate that the victim was walking on the tracks. The train tried to slow down, but was unable to stop before striking the victim.
Police are continuing their investigation.
camden county, new jersey, pedestrian struck, train accident, local/state
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 24 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 28 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Gloucester Twp. school put on precautionary lockout
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies