Man struck by train in Brooklawn, Camden Co.
BROOKLAWN, N.J. - February 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are trying to determine why a man was on a stretch of track when he was struck by an oncoming train Wednesday morning in Brooklawn, Camden County.
The incident happened around 11:00 a.m. near Route 130 on the Brooklawn, Camden County/Westville, Gloucester County border.
After being struck, the victim became trapped underneath the train. The man was eventually pulled from under the train and transported to the hospital. There is no word on his condition.
Initial reports indicate that the victim was walking on the tracks. The train tried to slow down, but was unable to stop before striking the victim.
Police are continuing their investigation.
camden county, new jersey, pedestrian struck, train accident, local/state
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- No Triple Crown: Oxbow upsets Orb at Preakness