Back-to-back shootings in Chester
CHESTER, Pa. - February 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating back to back shootings in Chester, and Action News was there when it happened.
At approximately 2:33 a.m. police were dispatched to the rear of the 400 Block of Yarnell Street for the report of the sound of a man moaning shortly after gunshots were heard in the area. Arriving officers found an unresponsive 23-year-old man who had suffered gunshot wounds to his torso.
Paramedics arrived on scene a short time later and pronounced the man dead. The victims name has not been released.
While on the scene, shots were heard several blocks away on the 300 block of Hayes Street. The victim in that incident, also a 23-year-old male, was found shot in the chest.
The victim was transported to Crozer Chester Medical Center where he is listed in stable condition.
It is unknown at this time whether the two shootings are related.
Anyone with information is urged to contact police investigators at (610) 447-8428 or (610) 891-4700.
shooting, delaware county, chester, local/state
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos