Back-to-back shootings in Chester
CHESTER, Pa. - February 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating back to back shootings in Chester, and Action News was there when it happened.
At approximately 2:33 a.m. police were dispatched to the rear of the 400 Block of Yarnell Street for the report of the sound of a man moaning shortly after gunshots were heard in the area. Arriving officers found an unresponsive 23-year-old man who had suffered gunshot wounds to his torso.
Paramedics arrived on scene a short time later and pronounced the man dead. The victims name has not been released.
While on the scene, shots were heard several blocks away on the 300 block of Hayes Street. The victim in that incident, also a 23-year-old male, was found shot in the chest.
The victim was transported to Crozer Chester Medical Center where he is listed in stable condition.
It is unknown at this time whether the two shootings are related.
Anyone with information is urged to contact police investigators at (610) 447-8428 or (610) 891-4700.
shooting, delaware county, chester, local/state
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)