Bullet breaks window at Pa. Capitol
HARRISBURG, Pa. - February 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- State officials say a bullet broke a window in the Pennsylvania Capitol and passed into the Senate dining room.
The Department of General Services says the bullet was found Tuesday morning. The building had been closed Monday for President's Day.
WHTM-TV (http://bit.ly/x6JNvJ ) reports the bullet was discovered after an employee noticed broken glass from the window and a hole in a plaster wall.
General Services spokesman Troy Thompson says police believe a shot was fired nearby on Saturday evening.
Capitol police are investigating.
pennsylvania, harrisburg, shooting, local/state
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 56 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 35 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co. 15 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
35 min ago