Bullet breaks window at Pa. Capitol
HARRISBURG, Pa. - February 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- State officials say a bullet broke a window in the Pennsylvania Capitol and passed into the Senate dining room.
The Department of General Services says the bullet was found Tuesday morning. The building had been closed Monday for President's Day.
WHTM-TV (http://bit.ly/x6JNvJ ) reports the bullet was discovered after an employee noticed broken glass from the window and a hole in a plaster wall.
General Services spokesman Troy Thompson says police believe a shot was fired nearby on Saturday evening.
Capitol police are investigating.
pennsylvania, harrisburg, shooting, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis 54 min ago
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case 8 min ago
- 2 dead, others missing in NYC building explosion 5 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with meningitis-causing infection 14 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
6 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with...
14 min ago