Bullet breaks window at Pa. Capitol
HARRISBURG, Pa. - February 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- State officials say a bullet broke a window in the Pennsylvania Capitol and passed into the Senate dining room.
The Department of General Services says the bullet was found Tuesday morning. The building had been closed Monday for President's Day.
WHTM-TV (http://bit.ly/x6JNvJ ) reports the bullet was discovered after an employee noticed broken glass from the window and a hole in a plaster wall.
General Services spokesman Troy Thompson says police believe a shot was fired nearby on Saturday evening.
Capitol police are investigating.
pennsylvania, harrisburg, shooting, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases