Phila. Archdiocese to announce final decision on high school closings | LIVE @ 3pm on 6abc.com and the 6abc iPad app
PHILADELPHIA - February 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Action News has learned the Philadelphia Archdiocese will hold a news conference at 3:00 p.m. Friday to announce its final decision on the planned closure of three Catholic high schools.
Parents of students at Saint Hubert's, Monsignor Bonner-Archbishop Prendergast and Conwell-Egan all appealed a blue ribbon panel's recommendation last month that the schools be closed due to declining enrollments.
West Catholic High School did not appeal that recommendation.
The schools have held rallies and fundraisers in efforts to keep their doors open.
Stay with Action News and 6abc.com for complete details.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, philadelphia archdiocese, school, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man