Phila. Archdiocese to announce final decision on high school closings | LIVE @ 3pm on 6abc.com and the 6abc iPad app
PHILADELPHIA - February 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Action News has learned the Philadelphia Archdiocese will hold a news conference at 3:00 p.m. Friday to announce its final decision on the planned closure of three Catholic high schools.
Parents of students at Saint Hubert's, Monsignor Bonner-Archbishop Prendergast and Conwell-Egan all appealed a blue ribbon panel's recommendation last month that the schools be closed due to declining enrollments.
West Catholic High School did not appeal that recommendation.
The schools have held rallies and fundraisers in efforts to keep their doors open.
Stay with Action News and 6abc.com for complete details.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, philadelphia archdiocese, school, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book