Will Smith's mom surprises sick young man
PHILADELPHIA - February 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- A very sick young man received a special visit Friday, put together by our own Lisa Thomas-Laury.
Will Smith's mother, Carolyn Smith, stopped in to surprise Terrance Calvert at his Drexel Hill home.
Last March the 21-year-old was diagnosed with stage four kidney cancer.
His love of theater and performing led him to become a huge fan of the actor and West Philly native, Will Smith.
While Smith is currently in Costa Rica for work, he sent along a personalized picture for Terrance.
Carolyn and Terrance chatted for a good portion of the afternoon about Terrance's dreams and stories about Will.
will smith, cancer, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Man dressed as Santa struck on I-95
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Man shot, killed in West Oak Lane
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction
- Underground transformer fire in Center City
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet