Police: Man sought in Poconos slayings kills self
LAKE HARMONY, Pa. (AP) - February 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in eastern Pennsylvania say a man being sought in the deaths of an elderly couple at a resort in the Pocono mountains shot and killed himself after a brief chase in another county.
State police in Carbon County were seeking a silver Cadillac taken from the Split Rock Resort home where 77-year-old John Carnochan and 75-year-old Mildred Carnochan were found dead Saturday afternoon.
Police in Northumberland County were checking a Snydertown home for the missing car at about 7:30 p.m. Saturday when they spotted it and gave chase. Officers stopped the car on Route 61 in Coal Township, and officials say after a brief standoff the driver shot himself. He was identified as 30-year-old Greg Demage of Jim Thorpe. Police have not commented on his connection to the victims.
homicide, poconos, pennsylvania, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 45 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
45 min ago