Police: Man sought in Poconos slayings kills self
LAKE HARMONY, Pa. (AP) - February 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in eastern Pennsylvania say a man being sought in the deaths of an elderly couple at a resort in the Pocono mountains shot and killed himself after a brief chase in another county.
State police in Carbon County were seeking a silver Cadillac taken from the Split Rock Resort home where 77-year-old John Carnochan and 75-year-old Mildred Carnochan were found dead Saturday afternoon.
Police in Northumberland County were checking a Snydertown home for the missing car at about 7:30 p.m. Saturday when they spotted it and gave chase. Officers stopped the car on Route 61 in Coal Township, and officials say after a brief standoff the driver shot himself. He was identified as 30-year-old Greg Demage of Jim Thorpe. Police have not commented on his connection to the victims.
homicide, poconos, pennsylvania, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow 50 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police