Bicyclist struck, killed in Egg Harbor Twp. ID'd
EGG HARBOR TWP., N.J. - February 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- The bicyclist who was struck and killed while riding along Black Horse Pike in Egg Harbor Township has been identified.
Police say Patrick Dutton, 19, from Mays Landing, died when he was struck around 6:38 p.m. on Sunday just east of Delilah Road in the Cardiff section of the township.
Authorities say 40-year-old Steven Rando was driving his Ford Explorer eastbound on the roadway when he struck Dutton. Police say Rando did stop after the crash.
Dutton was pronounced dead at the scene.
Traffic was detoured for more than three hours while the accident was being investigated and cleared.
Investigators ask that any witnesses to the crash call (609) 926-2661 or (609) 927-5200.
new jersey, atlantic county, accident, bicyclist struck, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 30 min ago
- Sunny and chilly 59 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
59 min ago