Bicyclist struck, killed in Egg Harbor Twp. ID'd
EGG HARBOR TWP., N.J. - February 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- The bicyclist who was struck and killed while riding along Black Horse Pike in Egg Harbor Township has been identified.
Police say Patrick Dutton, 19, from Mays Landing, died when he was struck around 6:38 p.m. on Sunday just east of Delilah Road in the Cardiff section of the township.
Authorities say 40-year-old Steven Rando was driving his Ford Explorer eastbound on the roadway when he struck Dutton. Police say Rando did stop after the crash.
Dutton was pronounced dead at the scene.
Traffic was detoured for more than three hours while the accident was being investigated and cleared.
Investigators ask that any witnesses to the crash call (609) 926-2661 or (609) 927-5200.
new jersey, atlantic county, accident, bicyclist struck, local/state
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Frost Advisory Overnight 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 21 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 28 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Frost Advisory Overnight
47 min ago