Bicyclist struck, killed in Egg Harbor Twp. ID'd
EGG HARBOR TWP., N.J. - February 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- The bicyclist who was struck and killed while riding along Black Horse Pike in Egg Harbor Township has been identified.
Police say Patrick Dutton, 19, from Mays Landing, died when he was struck around 6:38 p.m. on Sunday just east of Delilah Road in the Cardiff section of the township.
Authorities say 40-year-old Steven Rando was driving his Ford Explorer eastbound on the roadway when he struck Dutton. Police say Rando did stop after the crash.
Dutton was pronounced dead at the scene.
Traffic was detoured for more than three hours while the accident was being investigated and cleared.
Investigators ask that any witnesses to the crash call (609) 926-2661 or (609) 927-5200.
new jersey, atlantic county, accident, bicyclist struck, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded 56 min ago
- Heavy flames damage Southwest Philadelphia house 45 min ago
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Snow today, heavy at times
57 min ago
- John Rawlins tracks the snowstorm
18 min ago
- Katherine Scott tracks the storm from...
16 min ago