2 12-year-olds charged in middle school fire
NEWARK, Del. - February 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two 12-year-old students are facing arson charges for allegedly starting a fire inside a Newark, Delaware middle school.
The fire happened at the Cobbs-Gauger Middle School shortly after noon on Thursday February 23, 2012.
The fire caused smoky conditions in the hallway of the school, forcing students and faculty to evacuate.
Fire investigators quickly tracked the origin of the fire to a locker and determined that it was intentionally set.
Both juveniles were arraigned on Monday in Family Court and charged with arson and conspiracy. They were released on $15,000 unsecured bail.
Damage to the school is estimated at approximately $150.
There were no injuries reported.
fire, arson, newark, delaware, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 21 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 48 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 42 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 40 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
42 min ago