2 12-year-olds charged in middle school fire
NEWARK, Del. - February 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two 12-year-old students are facing arson charges for allegedly starting a fire inside a Newark, Delaware middle school.
The fire happened at the Cobbs-Gauger Middle School shortly after noon on Thursday February 23, 2012.
The fire caused smoky conditions in the hallway of the school, forcing students and faculty to evacuate.
Fire investigators quickly tracked the origin of the fire to a locker and determined that it was intentionally set.
Both juveniles were arraigned on Monday in Family Court and charged with arson and conspiracy. They were released on $15,000 unsecured bail.
Damage to the school is estimated at approximately $150.
There were no injuries reported.
fire, arson, newark, delaware, local/state
- Police: Missing boy struck by car
- Temps soar above normal 43 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- No cheer uniforms for North Philadelphia Aztec squad 50 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Stolen cobalt-60 found abandoned in Mexico
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting 59 min ago
- 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting
59 min ago
- Firefighters battle Hunting Park blaze
54 min ago