Workers preparing Valley Forge casino for opening
VALLEY FORGE, Pa. - February 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Workers are putting finishing touches on Pennsylvania's eleventh slot-machine casino, which is scheduled to open next month near Valley Forge National Historical Park in suburban Philadelphia.
On Tuesday, organizers led tours of the gaming floors, restaurants and other spaces at the Valley Forge Casino Resort. When it opens March 31, the resort will have 600 slots and 50 table games, such as blackjack, craps and roulette - along with an array of bars and restaurants.
The resort's president and CEO, Saverio "Sal" Scheri III, says it will draw from many groups of people - including local residents and visitors to the nearby King of Prussia Mall.
Competition for gamblers is growing in the region, with casinos already open in Philadelphia, as well as the suburbs of Chester and Bensalem.
pennsylvania, casinos, local/state
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 24 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle Co.
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera 4 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank 20 min ago
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
24 min ago
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught...
4 min ago