Autopsy: Bevilacqua had prescription drugs in system
February 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- A preliminary autopsy report on the late Cardinal Anthony Bevilacqua shows he had prescribed pharmaceuticals in his system at the time of his death last month.
The Montgomery County coroner, however, says more testing is needed.
District Attorney Risa Ferman ordered the review, citing the timing of the cardinal's death on January 31st, and a ruling the previous day that he was competent to testify in the sex abuse case against two priests and a monsignor.
Bevilacqua was 88 years old.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, cardinal anthony bevilacqua, local/state
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders 4 min ago
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply