Autopsy: Bevilacqua had prescription drugs in system
February 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- A preliminary autopsy report on the late Cardinal Anthony Bevilacqua shows he had prescribed pharmaceuticals in his system at the time of his death last month.
The Montgomery County coroner, however, says more testing is needed.
District Attorney Risa Ferman ordered the review, citing the timing of the cardinal's death on January 31st, and a ruling the previous day that he was competent to testify in the sex abuse case against two priests and a monsignor.
Bevilacqua was 88 years old.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, cardinal anthony bevilacqua, local/state
- At least 16 hurt in East Harlem building explosion 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 10 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money 54 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- Carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 44 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak...
26 min ago
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New...
22 min ago