Woman, 73, struck by car in Roxborough
ROXBOROUGH - February 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 73-year-old woman was seriously injured when she was hit by a car in Philadelphia's Roxborough section on Wednesday afternoon.
It happened just after 4:30 p.m. in the 8900 block of Ridge Avenue.
The woman was taken to Einstein Medical Center with serious injuries.
There was no immediate word on her condition.
The driver remained at the scene.
An investigation into how this crash happened continues.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, roxborough, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ