Phila. Traffic Court Judge Singletary resigns
PHILADELPHIA - February 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Action News has confirmed Philadelphia Traffic Court Judge Willie Singletary is resigning, amid an ethics controversy that has put an end to his judicial career.
Singletary had already been relieved of his duties by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
He was accused of campaign corruption dating back to 2007.
Action News first exposed the violations, where judge Singletary solicited monetary contributions at a biker rally.
Singletary won election to traffic court even though his driver's license was suspended due to $11,000 in traffic fines.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 13 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 6 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 26 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ