Woman struck, killed by car in East Oak Lane
EAST OAK LANE - March 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police want to know what caused a car to strike and kill a woman walking across the street.
The crash happened at Broad Street and Cheltenham Avenue in the city's East Oak Lane section around 12:30 a.m. Friday.
The victim, identified as 53-year-old Joan Ettienne, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver is cooperating with police and no charges have been filed at this time.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
accident, east oak lane, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 8 min ago
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 45 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 11 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
11 min ago