Woman struck, killed by car in East Oak Lane
EAST OAK LANE - March 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police want to know what caused a car to strike and kill a woman walking across the street.
The crash happened at Broad Street and Cheltenham Avenue in the city's East Oak Lane section around 12:30 a.m. Friday.
The victim, identified as 53-year-old Joan Ettienne, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver is cooperating with police and no charges have been filed at this time.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
accident, east oak lane, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- American U: lockdown lifted, suspect in custody 1 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk