Pa. Red Cross requests donations for storm victims
March 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- As people across the South and Midwest take stock of this week's widespread tornado damage, the American Red Cross is providing shelters, food and emotional support across 11 states.
Across the affected states, Red Cross volunteers are mobilizing to begin feeding operations, distribution of clean up and comfort supplies as soon as it safe to do so.
As of now the Southeastern Pennsylvania American Red Cross has not been asked to send volunteers to help but they remain on standby.
Officials say they are asking for the region's help to support those displaced by the storms.
The easiest way to donate is by texting REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation or by visiting RedCrossPhilly.org and clicking the DONATE NOW tab.
For anyone trying to locate a loved one affected by the storms, please visit SafeandWell.org.
midwest, indiana, alabama, ohio, georgia, tornado, severe weather, red cross, local/state
- Screaming man attacks police district, cars with bat 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 29 min ago
- Couple attacked by cat say they'll get it help
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 16 min ago
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
29 min ago