Resident killed in West Oak Lane house fire
WEST OAK LANE - March 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- One person was killed when a fire broke out in a West Oak Lane row home Sunday morning.
It happened around 3:30 a.m. on the 7100 block of North 18th Street.
Fire crews arrived to find smoke pouring from the first floor.
The flames were brought under control within an hour but the victim - who officials describe as a senior citizen - died in the blaze.
The exact cause of the fire remains under investigation.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, west oak lane, fire, local/state
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)