Resident killed in West Oak Lane house fire
WEST OAK LANE - March 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- One person was killed when a fire broke out in a West Oak Lane row home Sunday morning.
It happened around 3:30 a.m. on the 7100 block of North 18th Street.
Fire crews arrived to find smoke pouring from the first floor.
The flames were brought under control within an hour but the victim - who officials describe as a senior citizen - died in the blaze.
The exact cause of the fire remains under investigation.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, west oak lane, fire, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 5 min ago
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies 3 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad