Police: Teen struck in hit-and-run while walking home
BEAR, Del. (AP) - March 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Castle County Police are looking for a hit-and-run driver who injured a teen walking home from the school bus in Bear.
The 16-year-old girl was crossing the street at the intersection of Wellington Drive and Pulaski Highway on Thursday evening when she was hit.
The girl told police she saw a silver vehicle stop at the intersection, but when she began to cross in the crosswalk, she was hit by the vehicle, which then fled.
Police say the girl's ankle was injured, but she refused medical treatment.
Authorities ask anyone with information about the crash to contact investigators.
delaware, new castle county, accident, hit and run, teens, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station