Police: Teen struck in hit-and-run while walking home
BEAR, Del. (AP) - March 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Castle County Police are looking for a hit-and-run driver who injured a teen walking home from the school bus in Bear.
The 16-year-old girl was crossing the street at the intersection of Wellington Drive and Pulaski Highway on Thursday evening when she was hit.
The girl told police she saw a silver vehicle stop at the intersection, but when she began to cross in the crosswalk, she was hit by the vehicle, which then fled.
Police say the girl's ankle was injured, but she refused medical treatment.
Authorities ask anyone with information about the crash to contact investigators.
delaware, new castle county, accident, hit and run, teens, local/state
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 50 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep 45 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 58 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 49 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 51 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
35 min ago
- Art of Aging: Retirement opportunities
32 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
51 min ago