Middletown man dies in 2-car crash over weekend
MIDDLETOWN, Del. (AP) - March 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say a 27-year-old man died in a two-vehicle crash in Middletown over the weekend.
Police say Jonathan Hollis of Middletown was driving a Chrysler Sebring in the area of 1300 block of Cedar Lane Road when he began drifting off the roadway about 9 p.m. Sunday. Authorities say he overcorrected and ended up in oncoming traffic, striking another car. Hollis was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the other car, 19-year-old Frank Sinkko, of Mentor, Ohio, suffered minor injuries and was taken to Christiana Hospital for treatment.
delaware, accident, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted local schools 41 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River 1 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!