Driver loses control on Ben Franklin Bridge
PHILADELPHIA - March 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- One person was injured following a one vehicle crash on the Ben Franklin Bridge.
It happened in the westbound lanes on the Philadelphia side of the span just before 12:30 a.m. Tuesday.
The driver of the vehicle apparently lost control and hit a concrete barrier.
The driver was transported to the hospital to be checked out for injuries.
There's no word on the victim's condition.
Lanes were briefly blocked as crews cleared the scene of the crash.
accident, ben franklin bridge, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast 8 min ago
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville 3 min ago
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia 10 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 12 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall 36 min ago
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier