Police: Explosives found in Del. home
NEWARK, Del. - March 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Delaware State Fire Marshal is investigating the discovery of numerous explosive devices inside a home in Newark.
New Castle County Police and members of the Explosive Ordnance Disposal unit were called to the unit block of Egret Court in Sparrow Run at 8:00 this morning.
A resident had called 911 to report a suspicious package.
The emergency responders determined that there were several destructive devices in the package. Bomb technicians were able to disarm the devices and render them safe.
Investigators tell Action News it appears the package containing the devices had been in the home for several days. They did not say how the package may have gotten there.
Delaware state fire investigators, New Castle County Police and agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives continue to investigate.
delaware, new castle county, local/state
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges 10 min ago
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade 54 min ago
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape...
10 min ago