Funeral set for NJ Rep. Donald Payne
NEWARK, N.J. - March 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Services are scheduled next week for New Jersey's first black member of Congress.
U.S. Rep. Donald Payne died Tuesday after battling colon cancer. He was 77.
His brother, William, tells The Star-Ledger of Newark a viewing will be held for the Democrat at the Historic Essex County Courthouse in Newark from 1 p.m. Monday to 8 a.m. Tuesday. Another public viewing will take place from 4 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at Metropolitan Baptist Church.
Payne's funeral will take place at the church on Wednesday morning and the congressman will be buried at Glendale Cemetery in Bloomfield.
Information from: The Star-Ledger, http://www.nj.com/starledger
new jersey, local/state
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 42 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ