Phila. Police: Motorist, child hospitalized after DUI crash
FRANKFORD - March 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- A motorist and a child have been taken to area hospitals after a crash caused by a suspected drunk driver.
It happened at 8:30 Thursday morning at Paul Street and Torresdale Avenue in the Frankford section of Philadelphia.
Police say they arrived to find a 2-vehicle accident caused by a woman suspected of driving under the influence.
The woman had a child in her car. The child was taken to St. Christopher's Hospital for Children. The child's condition has not been released.
The woman was taken to Aria Health Frankford for testing.
The driver of the other car has been taken to Hahnemann University Hospital. No word on that person's condition.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, accident, DUI, children, frankford, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash