Police: Report of luring in Upper Darby was false
UPPER DARBY, Pa. - March 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a report of yet another attempted luring in Upper Darby was false..
The incident, as reported to police, bore many similarities to five previous reports.
However, investigators now say Friday's alleged incident was unfounded.
On Thursday, police questioned a man in connection with this case - but that person was ultimately let go.
Police released a sketch of the suspect after a fifth victim came forward on Tuesday. The 18-year-old girl says she saw a man pull up in a bluish-green van at the corner of Huey Avenue and Windamere Road on Monday afternoon. The teen, who attends Upper Darby High School, says the man made eye contact with her, then he looked at his lap, and it was then that the teen realized he was engaged in a lewd act.
Police have no doubt it was the same man who has been on the prowl for two and a half weeks.
Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood tells Action News, "These individuals are sick. They're not dealing with a straight deck. I mean, they truly, truly are predators. And with a sexual predator, based on my experience, they escalate their behavior."
Upper Darby now has five cases of a man preying on youngsters, and at times exposing himself, on the books since February 19th. Most are clustered around this latest reported incident across from the high school. A fifth happened in the Stonehurst section of the township.
The children who have been targeted are all teens, and each report seeing a man with graying facial hair, travelling in a bluish-green minivan.
upper darby, delaware county, pennsylvania, child luring, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos