Camden barricade incident ends; kids unharmed
CAMDEN, N.J. - March 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- A standoff between police and a barricaded man in Camden has come to an end with no injuries reported.
The incident happened in the 900 block of North 2nd Street.
Mayoral Spokesman Robert Corrales tells Action News that the situation began at 1:52 a.m. when a call came into 911 of a man holding four children in a home.
At 6:17 a.m., the unidentified male released the four children unharmed. It was 8:30 a.m. when the male surrendered without injury. No shots were fired during incident.
The man is in police custody, and authorities say they did seize a rifle from him.
There was no immediate word on the man's identity.
new jersey, camden, standoff, local/state
- Ocean County forest fire fully contained
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of New Jersey forest fires
- House gutted in South Philadelphia blaze 41 min ago
- Warning about dating apps after violent crimes
- Eye doctor, daughter post bail after pot bust
- Wedding crashers apologize to bride
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- 1 dead after motorcycle, vehicle collide in Wilmington
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening
13 min ago