La Cucina at the Market
PHILADELPHIA, Pa. - March 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's been said for over a century that you can find anything you'd want to eat at Reading Terminal Market.
The space beneath Center City's historic railroad station actually traces its history back to the city's first produce market in colonial days. But today, the market is ever-new, with redecoration, new merchants joining veterans, and updated attractions.
Now, even the market kitchen is new. "La Cucina at the Market" has offered everything from celebrity chef demonstrations to cooking classes.
It recently moved into an all-new easier-to-find space with nothing but new appliances.
Market chef Anna Florio is enjoying her new "home". The new La Cucina still features the market's amazing selection of top-notch foods.
It's now available for corporate team-building events in which co-workers cook together, eat what they've made, and grow into a more-efficient "unit".
New this month, "Meet the Merchant". Florio opens her space to merchants who bring in what they sell, talk about it, and offer pointers on how to best enjoy that.
You can learn all about La Cucina's diverse programs from their website or by phoning 215-922-1170.
Reading Terminal Market is open daily at 12th and Arch Streets.
They're on the web at Reading Terminal Market or you may phone 215-922-2317.
center city, food, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 2 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 21 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 58 min ago
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish 25 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive