La Cucina at the Market
PHILADELPHIA, Pa. - March 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's been said for over a century that you can find anything you'd want to eat at Reading Terminal Market.
The space beneath Center City's historic railroad station actually traces its history back to the city's first produce market in colonial days. But today, the market is ever-new, with redecoration, new merchants joining veterans, and updated attractions.
Now, even the market kitchen is new. "La Cucina at the Market" has offered everything from celebrity chef demonstrations to cooking classes.
It recently moved into an all-new easier-to-find space with nothing but new appliances.
Market chef Anna Florio is enjoying her new "home". The new La Cucina still features the market's amazing selection of top-notch foods.
It's now available for corporate team-building events in which co-workers cook together, eat what they've made, and grow into a more-efficient "unit".
New this month, "Meet the Merchant". Florio opens her space to merchants who bring in what they sell, talk about it, and offer pointers on how to best enjoy that.
You can learn all about La Cucina's diverse programs from their website or by phoning 215-922-1170.
Reading Terminal Market is open daily at 12th and Arch Streets.
They're on the web at Reading Terminal Market or you may phone 215-922-2317.
center city, food, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos