Police: Man kidnaps ex-girlfriend from bar at gunpoint
LANSDALE - March 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Montgomery County man was arrested after police say he kidnapped his girlfriend from a bar at gunpoint.
It happened 10:55 p.m. Thursday at the Third and Walnut Bar in Lansdale.
Authorities say the victim, a 21-year-old woman from Upper Gwynedd Township, was at the bar celebrating her birthday with friends.
The victim's ex-boyfriend 28-year-old Joshua Ellis showed up and the two spoke outside.
The woman returned to the bar to leave with her friends. Witnesses say that's when Ellis pointed his gun, forcing his ex-girlfriend into his car before driving off.
Officers arrived several minutes later and spotted Ellis' vehicle on the 700 block of South Broad Street. They safely removed the victim and the suspect was taken into custody.
Inside the car, police found cocaine, marijuana and a gun which was later discovered to be stolen.
Ellis is facing a list of charges including assault, kidnapping, and possession of controlled substances. He failed to post bail and remains at the Montgomery County Correctional Facility.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, lansdale, kidnapping, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada 33 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia 40 min ago
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial 40 min ago
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Video: Prankster glues woman to Home Depot toilet 32 min ago
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela...
40 min ago
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
40 min ago
- Woman stabbed to death in Germantown
43 min ago