Fugitive pedophile captured in Atlantic County
BUENA VISTA TWP, N.J. - March 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a fugitive pedophile wanted in Florida for probation violations was arrested in Atlantic County.
58-year-old Harvey Wayne Taylor was arrested Wednesday in Buena Vista Township.
His 2004 probation violation stemmed from a 1980s sexual assault case involving his two daughters who are both deceased.
Several agencies worked together to locate Taylor and his 25-year-old son Rocky, who were found working as painters in a Newtonville apartment building.
Both men were arrested and taken into custody.
Authorities say the Taylors were living in a small trailer in a wooded area of Newtonville and kept a low profile to elude police.
This isn't Taylor's first warrant for such violations. In 2002 he was found on the run, hiding in the snow in Maine.
Taylor was later returned to Florida. He failed to register as a sex offender and went into hiding once again until his most recent capture.
Based on his prior record, and his failure to register as a sex offender, police are asking anyone in Buena Vista Township to inform them of any possible illegal activity related to his presence in the area.
The New Jersey State Police can be contacted at 609-561-1800.
florida, new jersey, atlantic county, sex offenders, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm 27 min ago
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries 44 min ago
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Man arrested in car bomb plot at Kansas airport 5 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
- Driver facing drug charges after crash with police cruiser 28 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought