Fugitive pedophile captured in Atlantic County
BUENA VISTA TWP, N.J. - March 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a fugitive pedophile wanted in Florida for probation violations was arrested in Atlantic County.
58-year-old Harvey Wayne Taylor was arrested Wednesday in Buena Vista Township.
His 2004 probation violation stemmed from a 1980s sexual assault case involving his two daughters who are both deceased.
Several agencies worked together to locate Taylor and his 25-year-old son Rocky, who were found working as painters in a Newtonville apartment building.
Both men were arrested and taken into custody.
Authorities say the Taylors were living in a small trailer in a wooded area of Newtonville and kept a low profile to elude police.
This isn't Taylor's first warrant for such violations. In 2002 he was found on the run, hiding in the snow in Maine.
Taylor was later returned to Florida. He failed to register as a sex offender and went into hiding once again until his most recent capture.
Based on his prior record, and his failure to register as a sex offender, police are asking anyone in Buena Vista Township to inform them of any possible illegal activity related to his presence in the area.
The New Jersey State Police can be contacted at 609-561-1800.
florida, new jersey, atlantic county, sex offenders, local/state
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 28 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more