Police: Del. woman threatens to blow up school
MILTON, Del. (AP) - March 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Delaware woman is charged with threatening to blow up an elementary school.
Police say 48-year-old Lisa Thomas, of Milton, was arrested Friday morning after saying that she would blow up Brittingham Elementary School, also in Milton.
According to police, she was charged with disorderly conduct and felony terrorist threatening.
Police say Thomas entered the school and started cursing and shouting at the staff, and then went outside and threatened to blow up the school. The school was placed on lockdown.
Capt. John Cornwell tells the News Journal of Wilmington that Thomas was released on $2,500 unsecured bail and ordered to have no contact with the Cape Henlopen School District.
A phone message left at a listing for Thomas was not immediately returned Saturday.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com
delaware, sussex county, school, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 1 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash 30 min ago
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- Carolers to perform for cancer patient in...
2 min ago