Police: Del. woman threatens to blow up school
MILTON, Del. (AP) - March 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Delaware woman is charged with threatening to blow up an elementary school.
Police say 48-year-old Lisa Thomas, of Milton, was arrested Friday morning after saying that she would blow up Brittingham Elementary School, also in Milton.
According to police, she was charged with disorderly conduct and felony terrorist threatening.
Police say Thomas entered the school and started cursing and shouting at the staff, and then went outside and threatened to blow up the school. The school was placed on lockdown.
Capt. John Cornwell tells the News Journal of Wilmington that Thomas was released on $2,500 unsecured bail and ordered to have no contact with the Cape Henlopen School District.
A phone message left at a listing for Thomas was not immediately returned Saturday.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com
delaware, sussex county, school, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 17 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apts.
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping 41 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
17 min ago
- Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
41 min ago