Police: Del. woman threatens to blow up school
MILTON, Del. (AP) - March 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Delaware woman is charged with threatening to blow up an elementary school.
Police say 48-year-old Lisa Thomas, of Milton, was arrested Friday morning after saying that she would blow up Brittingham Elementary School, also in Milton.
According to police, she was charged with disorderly conduct and felony terrorist threatening.
Police say Thomas entered the school and started cursing and shouting at the staff, and then went outside and threatened to blow up the school. The school was placed on lockdown.
Capt. John Cornwell tells the News Journal of Wilmington that Thomas was released on $2,500 unsecured bail and ordered to have no contact with the Cape Henlopen School District.
A phone message left at a listing for Thomas was not immediately returned Saturday.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com
delaware, sussex county, school, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 52 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester 22 min ago
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City 23 min ago
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford 12 min ago
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire 16 min ago
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 47 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
32 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
53 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite,...
47 min ago