$2500 offered for 2nd home invasion suspect
STRAWBERRY MANSION. - March 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police arrested one suspect and are offering a $2500 reward leading to the arrest of a second man wanted for a deadly home invasion in Strawberry Mansion.
No one was home Sunday but police are making progress in the case with the arrest of a suspect.
On Saturday night police arrested 35-year-old Ali Marsh at the Spring Hill Suites in Plymouth Meeting.
He was wanted in connection with the home invasion on the 3200 block of Cecil B Moore Avenue that killed 39-year-old John Paul and wounded Paul's wife, 39-year-old Sherell.
Sherell was shot eight times and remains hospitalized. The couple's children were in the house when the shootings occurred but were physically unharmed.
For neighbors, who say they've been up nights praying for the victims, news of the arrest brought a deep sense of relief.
Marsh was arrested without incident. A woman he was with at the hotel is also in facing possible charges of harboring a fugitive.
Meanwhile police are still looking for a second suspect, Charles Davis.
Officials say Davis is 35-years-old, 5'08", 195 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. His last known address is in the 1400 block of South 51st Street but is also known to frequent Chester, Pennsylvania.
The US Marshals are now offering a $2500 reward.
Authorities are stressing that the reward is just for information leading to Davis' arrest - tipsters don't have to testify in court
Anyone with information is asked to call the U.S. Marshal Tip Line at 1-866-865-TIPS (8477).
homicide, home invasion, strawberry mansion, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- 10-year-old Wilmington boy reported missing
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- United Airlines outage delays some travelers at PHL 50 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Collapse committee to hold first meeting today
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp.
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE
- James, Heat push NBA Finals to Game 7