Driver facing DUI charges in Frankford crash
FRANKFORD - March 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- One man is facing DUI charges after police say he crashed his car into a telephone pole critically injuring his passenger.
The crash happened around 3:30 Sunday morning on the 4500 block of Aramingo Avenue in the Frankford section of Philadelphia.
Police say the driver lost control of his vehicle before striking the pole.
The impact of the crash left his female passenger injured. She was taken to Hahnemann Hospital in critical condition.
Another passenger was also inside the car but was not injured.
The driver sustained minor injuries and was taken to Aria Hospital-Frankford Division.
No word on the identities of those involved.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 19 min ago
- Turning Milder 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle Co. 21 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
19 min ago
- Family searches for missing medical student
16 min ago
- Grinch slashes holiday decorations
4 min ago
- Man eats out of dumpster for a cause
10 min ago