Update: Shooting victim dies overnight
TIOGA-NICETOWN - March 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man has been killed in a shooting in Philadelphia's Tioga-Nicetown section.
The shooting happened shortly before 9:00 p.m. along 21st and Venango streets.
Police say one man was shot in the chest.
Medics responded and transported the male victim, described as being in his 20s, to Temple University Hospital for care.
Doctors there pronounced his death around 11 p.m.The suspected shooter fled the scene on foot and remains at large.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, shooting, nicetown, tioga, local/state
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino 52 min ago
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware 14 min ago
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words 24 min ago
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians 31 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Video: Swan attacks elderly woman in Berks Co.
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
24 min ago