Update: Shooting victim dies overnight
TIOGA-NICETOWN - March 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man has been killed in a shooting in Philadelphia's Tioga-Nicetown section.
The shooting happened shortly before 9:00 p.m. along 21st and Venango streets.
Police say one man was shot in the chest.
Medics responded and transported the male victim, described as being in his 20s, to Temple University Hospital for care.
Doctors there pronounced his death around 11 p.m.The suspected shooter fled the scene on foot and remains at large.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, shooting, nicetown, tioga, local/state
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports 6 min ago
- Wintry Weekend 54 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Female suspect arrested in Christmas package theft
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Local men reflects on meeting with Mandela 32 min ago
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool
- Freebie Friday
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate...
6 min ago
- Runyan's son follows in dad's footsteps
52 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
54 min ago