DA: 2nd teen is suspect in Pa. musician's slaying
LEVITTOWN, Pa. - March 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Bucks County district attorney has identified an18-year-old woman as the second of five suspects in the fatal shooting of a musician three days after Christmas.
D.A. David Heckler said Wednesday that Tatyana Henderson is already being held on charges unrelated to the Dec. 28 death of Danny DeGennaro inside his Levittown home.
Heckler says Henderson will face charges similar to those filed against 17-year-old Danasia Bakr. The Morrisville girl was arrested earlier this week on charges including homicide and criminal conspiracy.
The other three suspects are still at large.
Addressing those three directly earlier this week Heckler said, "We are coming. This is the time for you to come forward and address your involvement in this crime. When you hear the knock of the federal marshals on your door, it will be too late."
DeGennaro died at his home on Crabtree Drive in Levittown. Heckler said investigators believe the suspects' original plan was to lure DeGennaro outside to rob him.
Heckler said the group called a phone number they saw in a car parked outside DeGennaro's house, believing the number was DeGennaro's.
The number actually was that of a neighbor. Heckler said when the suspects realized they had failed to reach DeGennaro, they decided to enter his home and rob him. That eventually led to DeGennaro's murder.
Heckler also said the misplaced phone call turned out to be a key piece of evidence that eventually led them to the suspects.
DeGennaro had performed with musicians including Bob Weir of the Grateful Dead and Clarence Clemons of Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band.
pennsylvania, bucks county, homicide, body found, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police