Pa. man killed in home on eve of custody hearing
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - March 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say an eastern Pennsylvania man was killed in his home on the morning of a child custody hearing and the children's mother didn't show up for court.
Mark Werkheiser was found shot multiple times at his Williams Township home in Thursday morning. Investigators said Elizabeth Collazo didn't appear at the Northampton County Court hearing that afternoon.
Court records show the couple was in the middle of a bitter custody dispute and had last year filed for protection-from-abuse orders against each other.
The children lived with their father but court records show their mother wanted full custody.
Judge Stephen Baratta granted Werkheiser's sister and brother-in-law custody of the couple's four children.
The children are twin girls age 16, and boys 13 and 10.
Investigators say the killing wasn't random.
pennsylvania, homicide, allentown, lehigh county, local/state
- Wife hid murdered husband, prosecutors say
- One Fine Friday! 51 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Hazmat spill sends 5 to hospital in Bucks County 58 min ago
- Mother charged with assaulting student at school
- 3 sought for robbery of 15-year-old
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen 53 min ago
- City remembers fallen firefighter Michael Goodwin
- Man wanted for exposing himself in Montco
- Powerball jackpot grows to $600 million
- Cops: Pa. woman served laced burritos to family
- Reading family loses son to swinging rope game