Pa. man killed in home on eve of custody hearing
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - March 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say an eastern Pennsylvania man was killed in his home on the morning of a child custody hearing and the children's mother didn't show up for court.
Mark Werkheiser was found shot multiple times at his Williams Township home in Thursday morning. Investigators said Elizabeth Collazo didn't appear at the Northampton County Court hearing that afternoon.
Court records show the couple was in the middle of a bitter custody dispute and had last year filed for protection-from-abuse orders against each other.
The children lived with their father but court records show their mother wanted full custody.
Judge Stephen Baratta granted Werkheiser's sister and brother-in-law custody of the couple's four children.
The children are twin girls age 16, and boys 13 and 10.
Investigators say the killing wasn't random.
pennsylvania, homicide, allentown, lehigh county, local/state
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 31 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
31 min ago