Stage collapses during children's play in Folsom
FOLSOM, Pa. - March 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Fire and rescue crews responded to reports of a stage collapse at the Ridley Community Center in Folsom, Delaware County Friday night.
Firefighters and paramedics worked to check out the crying and upset children who poured out of the building after the stage collapsed during a performance.
It happened just after 9:40pm in the 900 block of Morton Avenue in Folsom, Delaware County.
Officials say a children's play was in progress when the temporary structure gave way. The Fire Marshal says there was a stage on top of a stage inside the center.
A total of 20 children, mostly elementary school age, were treated at the scene and two others were transported to Taylor Hospital with non life threatening injuries.
Another child was taken by private vehicle to a nearby hospital.
The building is owned by the township, but was rented by the Catholic Community Choir for a musical play Friday night.
Representatives of the Catholic Community decline to comment on the incident.
The Ridley Community Center was closed for the night, but officials still have a lot of questions about the cause of the accident.
collapse, children, delaware county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
- Turning Milder 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse 14 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed