Stage collapses during children's play in Folsom
FOLSOM, Pa. - March 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Fire and rescue crews responded to reports of a stage collapse at the Ridley Community Center in Folsom, Delaware County Friday night.
Firefighters and paramedics worked to check out the crying and upset children who poured out of the building after the stage collapsed during a performance.
It happened just after 9:40pm in the 900 block of Morton Avenue in Folsom, Delaware County.
Officials say a children's play was in progress when the temporary structure gave way. The Fire Marshal says there was a stage on top of a stage inside the center.
A total of 20 children, mostly elementary school age, were treated at the scene and two others were transported to Taylor Hospital with non life threatening injuries.
Another child was taken by private vehicle to a nearby hospital.
The building is owned by the township, but was rented by the Catholic Community Choir for a musical play Friday night.
Representatives of the Catholic Community decline to comment on the incident.
The Ridley Community Center was closed for the night, but officials still have a lot of questions about the cause of the accident.
collapse, children, delaware county, pennsylvania, local/state
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida 56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Damp and cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in 19 min ago
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar 11 min ago
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Probe into Conn. train crash giving way to cleanup
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
56 min ago
- Water main break forces evacuation of...
11 min ago