Irish eyes smiling all over Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - March 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- St. Patrick's Day Philadelphia style has Irish eyes smiling all over the area along with a fabulous day supplied by Mother Nature.
Green could be seen throughout Center City Philadelphia all day Saturday.
"Sea foam green; I'm from Germany, and this passes for green in Germany so it's as green as it gets right now," said Oliver Ostertag.
Either way, the luck of the Irish brought good weather and good times as people in Philadelphia celebrated St. Patrick's Day.
"The atmosphere is electric," said Chris Tipler. "It's is truly electric, it's a lot of energy. You can just come out and enjoy yourself on the street instead of being locked up inside, beautiful weather."
"I love it. I just want to bask in the sun and just have fun with my girls," said Lisa Occhiolini.
The festivities started early with the dedication of the National Irish Famine Memorial at Penn's Landing.
And around 19th, Chestnut and Sansom, block parties filled the streets with plenty of St. Patrick's Day outfits.
Irish or not, it seems just about everyone wanted to be in on the fun.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state, kenneth moton
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Soupy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 25-year-old man shot dead in North Philadelphia 24 min ago
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Police: Driver under influence crashes into fire dept.
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp.