Family wants answers in Camden grocery store murder
CAMDEN, N.J. - March 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- It has been more than four months since a father of five was gunned down inside his Camden grocery store.
But nobody has come forward to help solve his murder.
"He was a good man," said Jessica Almonte, the victim's daughter. "I just want to find out who did it."
"I want justice," said Luis Almonte.
Miguel Almonte's children are understandably upset and want answers in their father's murder.
The 46-year-old was working in his grocery store at 27th and Pierce in Camden on December 5th.
At about 8:30pm, police say three armed, masked men walked in and opened fire.
Almonte was shot multiple times and died. Three others were wounded.
The robbers took cash and fled the store.
Police say the gunmen used a military-style assault rifle and a shotgun.
"They knew what they were doing when they went in there, they came in there with very high capacity weapons and they weren't afraid of shooting anybody," said Camden County Prosecutor, John Hunsinger.
The community is tight, and authorities hope someone will come forward to help find the suspects.
"It's a local bodega and people do know everyone that comes into that area," said Sgt. Patricia Taulane, Camden County Prosecutor's Office.
"If anyone knows who did it, just please come through and just say something," said Jessica.
There is a $1,000 reward for anyone with information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible.
All you have to do is call 215-546-TIPS. All calls will remain anonymous.
If you're information does lead to a conviction, you will receive a code number to collect the reward.
crimefighters, homicide, camden, new jersey, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 26 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 53 min ago
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
26 min ago