$2,500 reward for latest Mayfair tire slashings
MAYFAIR - March 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- A $2,500 reward is now being offered for information leading to the capture of the vandals who slashed the tires on several vehicles over the weekend on Erdrick Street in Mayfair.
AAA Mid Atlantic announced Monday that it has posted a $2,500 reward for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of the vandals.
The reward is being administered by the Citizens Crime Commission. Anonymous tips can be submitted through the commission's tip line, 215-546-TIPS.
Last week the Philadelphia Fraternal Order of Police and Mayor Michael Nutter posted a $7,500 reward fund for information leading the arrest of the vandals responsible for slashing the tires of dozens of cars on Aldine Street in Mayfair.
The latest incident happened in the overnight hours Sunday on the 7100 block of Erdrick Street between Wellington and Princeton Avenues.
This time only three vehicles were affected but the scene is just blocks away from Aldine Street, the block hardest hit in recent weeks. Police say they have no reason to believe that Sunday's incident is related to the previous vandalism.
No suspects have been named but Northeast Detectives confirm that this newest incident is under investigation.
vandalism, mayfair, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 4 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 39 min ago
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 4 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
4 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
4 min ago