$2,500 reward for latest Mayfair tire slashings
MAYFAIR - March 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- A $2,500 reward is now being offered for information leading to the capture of the vandals who slashed the tires on several vehicles over the weekend on Erdrick Street in Mayfair.
AAA Mid Atlantic announced Monday that it has posted a $2,500 reward for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of the vandals.
The reward is being administered by the Citizens Crime Commission. Anonymous tips can be submitted through the commission's tip line, 215-546-TIPS.
Last week the Philadelphia Fraternal Order of Police and Mayor Michael Nutter posted a $7,500 reward fund for information leading the arrest of the vandals responsible for slashing the tires of dozens of cars on Aldine Street in Mayfair.
The latest incident happened in the overnight hours Sunday on the 7100 block of Erdrick Street between Wellington and Princeton Avenues.
This time only three vehicles were affected but the scene is just blocks away from Aldine Street, the block hardest hit in recent weeks. Police say they have no reason to believe that Sunday's incident is related to the previous vandalism.
No suspects have been named but Northeast Detectives confirm that this newest incident is under investigation.
vandalism, mayfair, philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands