Man brutally beaten inside Montco bar
AMBLER, Pa. - March 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- The St. Patrick's Days festivities got out of hand at the Fireside Bar and Grill last night.
A young man was severely beaten inside the bar and remains hospitalized in a special care unit at Abington Hospital
A Facebook photo shows victim Dave Rogers wearing a neck brace, his eyes swollen, and face bloodied.
Police are trying to determine how he ended up like this.
Two Upper Dublin police vehicles were parked in the Fireside Bar and Grille parking lot this afternoon.
Inside the bar, police were gathering information and trying to track down witnesses to yesterday's brutal beating.
Police have released little information.
The bar's general manager says he was alerted by staff that a young man was severely beaten in the back of the bar late last night.
"He was just on the ground by the hallway...I was in the front of the bar. The DJ called me back and that's when I went back and I right away called 911 and paramedic," general manager Vince Visco said.
What led to the beating and who instigated it is still unclear.
The bar says it's trying to retrieve surveillance video to see if it captured anything that can help investigators.
"We're working with police and they're reviewing everything now," Visco said.
Anyone who was inside the bar last night is asked to call Upper Dublin police.
pennsylvania, beating, montgomery county, local/state, chad pradelli
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands