Mental health evals for 2 in school nudity case
UPPER DARBY, Pa. - March 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- A mother and daughter who police say stripped naked outside a southeastern Pennsylvania high school along with two other family members are undergoing mental health evaluations.
Authorities say 43-year-old Sara Butler and her 23-year-old daughter, Bessie, haven't appeared before a judge since their arrest Friday outside Upper Darby High School.
Police say the women went to the school along with two more of Sarah Butler's children, 22-year-old Joanne Butler and a 14-year-old son, to demand another family member be dismissed from class.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports a police affidavit says the school denied that request because Butler was not the custodial parent.
Joanne Butler was released on bail on charges including indecent exposure and disorderly conduct.
A phone listing for the family could not immediately be located.
Information from: Delaware County Daily Times, http://www.delcotimes.com
upper darby, delaware county, pennsylvania, school, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler 30 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash 15 min ago
- Mattress catches fire in townhouse in White Marsh 16 min ago
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy....
15 min ago