Crews detonate pipe bomb in Northampton Co.
FORKS TOWNSHIP, Pa. - March 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- A bomb squad blew up a live pipe bomb found outside a home in Northampton County Monday morning.
Emergency crews were called at 8:34 a.m. to the 1500 block of Hedgerow Court in Forks Township after a landscaper found the device in front of a home there.
Officials confirm a live pipe bomb was found in front of a Northampton County home this morning.
The Forks Township Fire and Police Departments along with the Bethlehem Bomb Squad responded to the scene.
The Bomb Squad successfully detonated the device as seen from Chopper 6, which was over the scene at the time of the explosion.
People in surrounding homes were advised to stay inside their homes but were not evacuated.
The investigation into the pipe bomb's origins continues.
northampton county, pennsylvania, bomb scare, explosion, local/state
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket 8 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ 41 min ago
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos