Crews detonate pipe bomb in Northampton Co.
FORKS TOWNSHIP, Pa. - March 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- A bomb squad blew up a live pipe bomb found outside a home in Northampton County Monday morning.
Emergency crews were called at 8:34 a.m. to the 1500 block of Hedgerow Court in Forks Township after a landscaper found the device in front of a home there.
Officials confirm a live pipe bomb was found in front of a Northampton County home this morning.
The Forks Township Fire and Police Departments along with the Bethlehem Bomb Squad responded to the scene.
The Bomb Squad successfully detonated the device as seen from Chopper 6, which was over the scene at the time of the explosion.
People in surrounding homes were advised to stay inside their homes but were not evacuated.
The investigation into the pipe bomb's origins continues.
northampton county, pennsylvania, bomb scare, explosion, local/state
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman 43 min ago
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 19 min ago
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries 25 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ