Crews detonate pipe bomb in Northampton Co.
FORKS TOWNSHIP, Pa. - March 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- A bomb squad blew up a live pipe bomb found outside a home in Northampton County Monday morning.
Emergency crews were called at 8:34 a.m. to the 1500 block of Hedgerow Court in Forks Township after a landscaper found the device in front of a home there.
Officials confirm a live pipe bomb was found in front of a Northampton County home this morning.
The Forks Township Fire and Police Departments along with the Bethlehem Bomb Squad responded to the scene.
The Bomb Squad successfully detonated the device as seen from Chopper 6, which was over the scene at the time of the explosion.
People in surrounding homes were advised to stay inside their homes but were not evacuated.
The investigation into the pipe bomb's origins continues.
northampton county, pennsylvania, bomb scare, explosion, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 4 min ago
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc. 53 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance...
4 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos